For many, finding cockroaches in your home or business premises can be your worst nightmare. Cockroaches carry diseases such as Salmonella, Dysentery and Gastro-enteritis. Cockroach droppings have also been linked with increases in eczema and asthma.
If you find cockroaches in your property it is essential to get them professionally treated. They breed rapidly and can cause serious illness.
Apart from the obvious clear sighting of a cockroach, a strong smell behind sinks, appliances such as refrigerators or ovens, or in storage areas, could be the sign of an infestation.
Cockroaches can pose some very severe health problems.
- Food poisoning – cockroaches eat rotten food and crawl around unsanitary places, they can track germs across the food on your counter and in cabinets, resulting in food poisoning.
- Dysentery – cockroaches walk through fecal matter, which if ingested causes dysentery.
- Tapeworms – the cause potentially serious illness and problems with digesting food in humans and other animals.
- Roundworm – parasite organisms, such as pinworms, that can be very dangerous to humans and cause illnesses such as trichinosis.
- Fungus – droppings and skin shedding can cause fungus. Those most likely to be impacted are asthma sufferers.
- Viruses – roaches are known to carry a number of viruses including those as serious as polio.
- Allergies – cockroach droppings, skins and saliva are one of the leading causes of allergies for those who live in urban locations.
Our BPCA qualified team have access to the best products in the industry to ensure your home or business can return to normal as soon as possible. It is crucial that professionals are brought in as soon as possible, due to how quickly cockroach infestations can grow.
WHy use fix my pests?
WHat to expect with a cockroach booking
You will receive a response within the day from our team who will be able to provide a quotation, and schedule a visit at a time and date to suit you. On the day of the visit, you will receive a text with a live update when the technician is on their way, and the option to track them on your phone.
When booking, you will be required to agree to our one-page Covid document. We will wear a mask and also maintain social distance at all times.
On arrival, our technician will thoroughly survey the property to identify the source of the infestation and the best treatment option. They will clearly explain the planned treatment and what you can expect. Follow up visits will then be scheduled.
We accept payment via cash, bank transfer or card, and all customers will be provided with an invoice, detailed treatment report, and advice.