There are hundreds of thousands of different species of flies, and their main risk to public health is the spreading of disease, and contamination of food with things such as Salmonella and E. coli.
- Regular sightings of flies
- Maggots – finding maggots is a clear sign of a breeding ground
- Pin sized small dark clusters of spots
Cockroaches can pose some very severe health problems.
- Food poisoning – cockroaches eat rotten food and crawl around unsanitary places, they can track germs across the food on your counter and in cabinets, resulting in food poisoning.
- Dysentery – cockroaches walk through fecal matter, which if ingested causes dysentery.
- Tapeworms – the cause potentially serious illness and problems with digesting food in humans and other animals.
- Roundworm – parasite organisms, such as pinworms, that can be very dangerous to humans and cause illnesses such as trichinosis.
- Fungus – droppings and skin shedding can cause fungus. Those most likely to be impacted are asthma sufferers.
- Viruses – roaches are known to carry a number of viruses including those as serious as polio.
- Allergies – cockroach droppings, skins and saliva are one of the leading causes of allergies for those who live in urban locations.
Our BPCA qualified team have access to the best products in the industry to ensure your home or business can return to normal as soon as possible. It is crucial that professionals are brought in as soon as possible. Some species mature from eggs to adults in as little as seven days, meaning an infestation can rapidly grow.